There could be so much to potentially be worried about in these very uncertain times in which we find ourselves. Yet God calls us to choose a better way of living where we choose to trust Him, not worry.
- To be those who are guarding their hearts: Proverbs 4:23
- Those who know the worry-free life, Jesus encouraged us to know: Matthew 6:25-34.
We need to purpose to choose trust over worry
- The opposite of worrying is trusting.
- Trusting God is also something that a person has to do on a daily basis.
- Trusting God daily can be counter-cultural for many people. It goes against how we may have lived, even how we have been raised to live.
- Trusting God daily goes against the “storing up” way of living we may have known and preferred..
- Trusting God daily is now a way of living that many are finding themselves in – whether it be for provision, security, health or other areas where they once had more of a self-determined certainly.
This way of living is spoken of, encouraged even exemplified for us in the Bible – as a positive and normal thing
2 Corinthians 5:7 – We walk by faith, not our senses.
Matthew 6:34 – Instructed not to worry about tomorrow.
Matthew 6:9-13 – God gives us every day our daily bread.
Key Verses: Exodus 16:2-20
- Manna Life is trusting Him daily for what you need for the day.
- A great picture of “daily trust.”
- There was one rule – No storing up for tomorrow!
- Some could do it. Others struggled because of fear and unbelief.
- This was a planned season of learning and daily provision.
Question: What if God is actually training us for what lies ahead; days we have not seen or known, days were trusting in someone beyond yourself is no longer an option?
The safest place to be is in a daily trust walk with God, a life where you look to His providence for everything your life may need. Knowing that He knows what you need.